My dearest friends! Can you believe it is already 2012? Happy New Year!
This year will be all about STEM or I like to call it STEAM. I really think Art and Aeronautics should be included too.
To start off I am going to collect some helpful links where parents and teachers can get good STEM activities for their kids. Check back because I will keep adding links as I come across them.
National Bird Day
(Jan 5, 2012) - Many issues are affecting our birds. Teachers Pack available here
GLOBE at Night
- Student activities preparing students for star observations at night and talks about the issues surrounding light pollution. Teachers Pack available here.
- Resource Network and Lessons Plans available here.
Tech Know Teaching
- STEM Activities available here
STEM Education Coalition
- support STEM programs for teachers and students at the US Department of Education, NSF and other agencies. Website here.
STEM Activities and Resources for K-12 Teachers and Students
- National Science Foundation GK-12 website here
- STEM Education Resource Center website here
NASA Digital Learning Network
- NASA DLN connects students and teachers with NASA Experts and education specialists using online communication technology. Website here
iCreate to Educate
- increases student understanding across all content areas with simple, intuitive technology. Website here.